Thursday, May 21, 2009

I guess I shouldn't complain about the rain. . .

It has still been raining down here on a regular basis.  Back stateside they say that April showers bring May flowers.  Down here April drought brings May's tropical downpours.  And it is a very tropical rain: every morning it is really nice out, and every afternoon the rain comes like clockwork.
But I guess that the rain really isn't that bad compared to what it could be: hail.  Thats right, the other day we had hail.  
As in half-inch hunks of ice falling from the sky.  
In the tropics.  
It is the first hail that anyone here remembers in over 20 years.  It was the most bizare storm that I have ever seen.  It was a really bad thunderstorm, but the sun will still out.  So while there is thunder and lighting and hail, the sun is shining so bright on the pavement that the rain and hail are steaming off.
Very cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps a glimpse of the natural forces of armagedon! I googled your location, pretty cool! Definitely gives an idea of what you are up against getting to places. Keep blogging, I love hearing from you!