Tuesday, July 8, 2008

It was a nice day for a wedding

I went to my first Dominican wedding here last weekend. Wow. I think the best way to sum it up is ¨Half-baked¨. I was unlucky enough to have been helping out with the whole thing, and it was quite an adventure. Getting the location ready for the wedding involved working with machetes. The day of the wedding, I spent over 14 hours there helping get things ready. It just seemed like nothing went as planed. But in the end, even though they kinda stumble through the proceedings, making changes on the fly (for example to cover the fact that none of the food was ready yet, and when it was, only then did we discover that we had no plates, cups, ect) I think that it all turned out ok.

I was in charge of the sound for the wedding, and to dance we had my computer hot-wired into a dinosaur of a sound system, complete with a record player, and that hooked into what were literally car speakers we put up in the roof. I felt like MacGyver. But it all came out fine.

I hope so anyways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are quite the electronic wizard. D R weddings seem a little more relaxed than ours. Glad you had a nice time.

Anonymous said...

?puede post una foto desde la boda?no puedo poner una cara con la nombre de la hermana. muchisimas gracias