Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What I Have Been Up To Lately

This is the house of a sister in the congregation named Sisa. (actually, I have no idea how to spell her name, as it is Haitian. It is pronounced like the letter "C" followed by "sa"). She is a regular pioneer, but has no family in the area. Last year, just before I got here the first trip, her house had to be torn down because, well, it was basically falling down already from termite damage. So for the past year and a half we have been working on it piece by piece as she gets the money to work on it, and she has been living with friends in the congregation. I don´t think they did anything while I was back in the states. But here last month she got enough to at least put the roof on it.

As you can see, there is a long, long way to go yet.
But I think it will be worth it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remeber Sise... that's great her house is getting closer to being done!

Anonymous said...

Makes us appreciate what we have here! Hope that you are recovering from your sting. We are on our way to the convention today.

Anonymous said...

That's going to be a nice sturdy house. I'm sure she appreciates all of the brothers hard work.