Friday, August 8, 2008

Hats

The brothers down here have a custom that I thing would do well in Central-PA. They all wear hats out in service. Most of the time it is just your basic ball-cap for their favorite baseball team. This brother here, however, was visiting our hall and sports the more traditional sombrero.
What really got me started thinking about all these hats though was when I saw our special pioneer and service overseer spend the day in service like this:
At first I thought he was joking and started to laugh, but he was serious. Of course, they are respectful of the preaching work. This same brother gave an entire field-service group on making sure we take off our hats at the door while talking about the bible, so as not to offend the householder.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hats. I think we should wear them here,summer and winter, brothers and sisters both.

Anonymous said...

I like the pictures of hats.Thats amazing to see Juan Pablo wear one. So where's your hat? Just joking.Anyway stay semi cool in the August heat.Did the brothers get any weird responses from the householders?

Anonymous said...

long live the hats! - yeah Cory, where's yours?! :)